MASTER OF COMMERCE (M.Com.) – BANGALORE NORTH UNIVERSITY
The broad objective of the Master of Commerce course is to impart to the Students, professional education and training in various aspects of business and its environment and provide them with opportunities to develop managerial and analytical skills in order to meet the challenges of business at the national and global level.
- BBM / B.Com. from any University recognized by the Government of India, passing with 50% marks in aggregate
- Required to pass B.Com./BBM/BBA/BBS examination of Bangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent.
- An aggregate of 50% marks for general category and 45% for SC/ST and visually impaired students.
- Candidates aspiring for a seat under govt. quota must fulfill the following criteria:
- Should have a domicile
- Must have appeared for PGCET examination conducted by KEA
- Must have appeared for PGCET Counselling by the University
- Candidates aspiring for a seat under management quota can approach the College authorities directly.
- The course is spread over four semesters (2 years)
The course of study for M.Com. degree shall extend over a period of two years divided into 4 (four) semesters. Each Semester will be of 16 weeks or more duration with a minimum of 90 actual working days
Specialization electives during the final year of the course
- Accounting and Taxation Group
- Finance and Banking Group
SCHEME OF INSTRUCTION
- MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
- REGISTERING FOR THE EXAMINATION
Each course (theory/practical) shall be treated as an independent unit for the purpose of attendance. A student shall attend a minimum of 75% of the total instruction hours in a course (theory/practical) including tutorials and seminars in each semester. There shall be no provision for condonation of shortage of attendance and a student who fails to secure 75% attendance in a course shall be required to repeat that semester.The medium of instruction shall be English. However, a candidate will be permitted to write the examination either in English or in Kannada.A candidate shall register for all the papers of a semester when he appears for the examination of that semester for the first time.Each student will choose business research project/live business problem in a business organization or industry, and prepare a dissertation report. He/she will formulate it as a research/consultancy problem, work under the guidance of a faculty member on it during the II & III semesters, prepare a report based on his/her work under the guidance of a faculty member and submit at the end of each semester. This will be evaluated for 70 marks. Project
Dissertation guidance for a faculty member will involve a workload of 5 hours per week in a semester. Dissertation guidance of 8 students by a faculty member will be equivalent to the teaching of one paper per semester.
Viva voce examination will be conducted for 30 marks by BOE.
For further information contact