Affiliated to CISCE, New Delhi
Lowry Memorial College & Group of Institutions has been successfully running a High school affiliated to the council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE) New Delhi, for the past 15 years with a record of 100% results, from the time of its inception.The management has further sought and received approval to start an ISC program from the academic year 2018-19
Both ICSE & ISC are regulated by the CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations). While ICSE refers to the board dealing with Std. 10, ISC is the board dealing with std. 12 and stands for Indian School Certificate
The CISCE exams are internationally recognized due to the reputed United Kingdom-inspired syllabus (by Cambridge University). Most European Universities accept ISC (12th) English language grades of an average of 80% or more in lieu of high-grades in English proficiency test such as the IELTS or TOEFL.
The subjects of examination include English as a compulsory subject and a list of elective subjects. Lowry Memorial Higher Secondary School, for the year 2018-19, offers the following combinations:
English, Biology, Physics. Chemistry, Maths, Computer Science (Candidate should pass in four subjects out of six. Passing English is compulsory).
English, Accounting, Business Studies, Economics, Commerce, Computer Science (Candidate should pass in four subjects out of six. Passing English is compulsory).
Conditions of eligibility for admission to Class XI
- Candidates who have been awarded Pass Certificates in the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Examination with passes in five subjects including English are eligible to be admitted for preparation in courses of study leading to the Indian School Certificate Examination.
- The eligibility of candidates who have been awarded Pass Certificates in an equivalent examination conducted by another Examining Board will be decided by the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council. The conditions of eligibility are as follows:
- The candidate must have been awarded a Pass Certificate in accordance with the requirements of the Board at an equivalent examination taken at one and the same sitting.
- The candidate must have obtained pass marks in accordance with the Regulations of the Board in English and four other written subjects.
- The Council will inform the school about the eligibility status of the candidate online.
Last date for regularising admission to Class XI of ISC
The last date for regularising admission to Class XI of ISC is August 31, each year.
Lowry Memorial Higher Secondary School follows a 5-day work week model for its ISC program. Classes and Examinations will be held from Mon – Fri only.