BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (BCA) PROGRAM – BANGALORE NORTH UNIVERSITY
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The course is designed to expose the students to industry relevant subjects viz. Software Programming Languages like C, C++, VC++, JAVA, VB, RDBMS, Multimedia, Data Structure & Algorithms, Networking etc.
The BCA program provides the essential skills for the students to create a successful career in the information technology domain. It also prepares the student with the requisite background to pursue post graduate studies like MCA, MS in Computers, MBA etc. anywhere in the world and acquire greater competency.
The BCA course is affiliated to Bangalore University. Each semester comprises of seven papers with a right blend of theory and practice enabling the students to make a career in computer applications or equip them for self-employed positions. The course content is regularly updated to keep pace with the IT sector. During the three years of graduation, the students go through intensive theoretical and practical training sessions in various aspects of computer science. Besides, they are enriched with knowledge beyond the curriculum through various value added courses, certificate courses, seminars, workshops, industrial visits etc.
The curriculum is rightly tuned for the holistic development of the students and aims at nurturing them as proficient computer professionals.
Facilities and Infrastructure
- Qualified and experienced faculty
- Technology-enabled classrooms
- Well-equipped computer laboratory
- Updated Conventional and e-Library
- High-speed Internet
- 24×7 CCTV Surveillance
- 100% Placement Assistance for eligible students.
- Required to pass PUC/HSC/ISC or equivalent exam conducted by State/Central board with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates who have completed Two year Pre – University course of Karnataka State or its equivalent are eligible for admission into this course.
- Achievements in sports, games, co-curricular or extra-curricular activities will be given weightage.
- Rules of admissions & reservations followed by the university apply.
Objective & Structure
- To equip students with the knowledge of financial & cost accounting, and taxation techniques.
- To expose the students to economic and legal environment in each business function.
- To develop and improve the communication skills for effective interactions with the environment.
- The course of study for B.Com., degree shall extend over a period of three years divided into 6 (six) semesters. Each Semester will be of 16 weeks or more duration with a minimum of 90 actual working days.
For further information contact